Monday, January 7, 2013

Arriving in Dallas!!

     The plane ride was definitely an eye opening experience. I loved it. I think I would've loved it more had I not had a tension headache from all the stress. I think then I would've really been able to take in all the scenery. When I was on the flight I decided I wanted to try to put my life into perspective in comparison to the world around me. My internal problems are insignificant to what's going on in the world around me. There is so much more I could be doing instead of wallowing in self pity.
     I think I'm coming to realize I need to DO something in order to overcome my problems. Physically go out and explore the world around me to prove just how insignificant my problems truly are.
     This is day ONE of the trip and I'm already having these revelations. I cannot wait to see what the next six days bring. :)

     Tomorrow we will be doing community service and going to the JFK museum. Honestly I'm looking forward to the community service more than the museum. I love helping others and knowing I've made a difference in someone's life. It helps me keep my reality in check and I love making someone feel important and WORTHY of help.

   More to come tomorrow!!

Here are a picture of my bed and room key. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment